Time to move to SOLIDWORKS from PTC Creo?
PTC have an interesting history. As pioneers of Parametric CAD back in the 1980’s, they introduced the concept of parametric modelling and bi-directional associativity with drawings. There was no doubting it was amazing stuff, but in those days you needed an expensive UNIX workstation and the software itself costing some £20,000 per user – not for the faint-hearted. This was usually purchased by larger companies and used only by the “Professional Engineer”, because it was not very easy to use. However, PTC quickly grew to become a billion dollar company.
Fast forward 25 years, with the Pro/ENGINEER brand renamed CREO, it has now clearly lost its place as leader in the Mechanical CAD (MCAD) marketplace. You only have to look at the PTC website to see that MCAD is a much smaller part of the overall business. PTC have made numerous acquisitions into other areas, with IoT becoming the latest product getting all the attention. The needs of the mechanical designer appear to have been seriously diluted by PTC.
From the 1st January 2018, all core PTC Creo software will be available on subscription (pay as you go) terms only, meaning loyal customers will no longer be able to purchase the Perpetual license they have become accustomed to.
Software users don’t like to be forced down a route they don’t want or need and we know that flexibility and choice is certainly key for our customers. With this in mind, maybe it’s a good time to have a look at other options, and clearly SOLIDWORKS would be the natural choice, as it the most widely used 3D CAD system for professionals worldwide.
SOLIDWORKS is proven to deliver a robust return on investment, ensuring users are up to speed quickly and designing great products to give your business the competitive edge. We understand that cost will be important, so we’ve worked out some compelling pricing to make it VERY affordable to move to SOLIDWORKS.
Is it time to switch CAD tools?
- Are you unhappy with the compulsory PTC Creo subscription policy from Jan 2018?
- Are more of your customers and suppliers using SOLIDWORKS?
- Do you struggle to find quality engineers with PTC Creo experience?
- Are your designers spending too much time searching for drawings/parts?
Have you seen SOLIDWORKS lately?
- It’s the most widely used 3D professional design software
- SOLIDWORKS is a full set of CAD tools that work concurrently
- SOLIDWORKS offers an elegant and intuitive user interface – concentrate on designing, not the software
- SOLIDWORKS offers a mature support network and a huge, active community of passionate users
- Subscription or Perpetual license available – you decide!
- Ask us for a free trial of SOLIDWORKS
Work on your PTC Creo files with SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect
More and more of your peers are switching to SOLIDWORKS